June 24, 2004
So why the blog all the sudden? After hinting at it for years, I've finally decided to take the plunge. Rather than bore you with drawn out prose extolling the virtues of blogging and all that…
- I enjoy writing and communicating, and this is a good way of practicing.
- Tania and I are moving to St. Paul, Minnesota in mid August, and this might be a helpful way of keeping up with various friends back here in Texas (and those who have spread out already).
- To share thoughts, on occasion, on topics I'm passionate about. i.e. the Bahá'í Faith, the interfaith movement, science, environmentalist, open source software, etc.
- Just to challenge myself, see if I can do really keep up for a little while .
- And to periodically entertain friends and family alike, or, rather, to share with them newly discovered ways of entertaining oneself on the web =). And in that spirit... Keep the Drunk From Falling.
- I've been writing and editing for the web since 1995, and this site has been alive since 1998. But I've never had a consistent way of letting people know what's going on, what projects I'm working on (for the couple of people that might be interested), etc.
- Because Friendster is slow as molasses.
I hope this doesn't look like an ego fest, and more importantly, that it is in actuality not. I'm not expecting to garner a fan-base of thousands; I'll accept a small handful or even none. Its the writing, and the friends who stop by and offer their own thoughts and comments, that matters to me. Now the immediate danger is that I spend too much time on it! (That would be one reason I've held off for so long).
So please enjoy, and expect a couple of updates per week on average.